LSI follows the Privacy by Design concept and has implemented comprehensive data protection controls based on the following principles:
- Data minimization (we only collect data that is absolutely necessary to conduct our business).
- Access restriction (we only allow data access to those who need to know to conduct our business).
The data we collect and hold from you includes name, company name (if applicable), address, contact information, educational background/curriculum vitae, and payment records. Collecting and holding this information is necessary for us to engage you as a provider of language services. We do not use your data for any other purpose. To view the data we have collected from you, please see the section View and Update Your Data, below.
European Union Privacy Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following data privacy rights:
- Opt-in consent: When you complete our vendor application form, you understand and acknowledge that we collect and hold your data for the purpose of engaging you as a language service provider.
- Right to access and data portability: You may request from us a copy of your data.
- Right to rectification/correction: You may request from us correction of your data.
- Right to erasure/right to be forgotten: You may request from us erasure of your data, as permissible by law. Please note that if you request data erasure, we will no longer be able to assign language-conversion tasks to you.
European Union Privacy Obligations
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you also have the following data privacy obligations:
- When we assign language-conversion tasks to you, you become part of the data processing chain, as defined by the GDPR (data controller > data processor > data sub-processor). As such, you are equally bound by the articles set forth in the GDPR, should the material we send you contain the personal data of European data subjects.
- When we assign language-conversion tasks to you, you have the obligation to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the data at all times, using a Privacy by Design approach based on data minimization and data access restriction.
- When we assign language-conversion tasks to you, you have the obligation to notify us immediately, if you suspect or become aware of a data breach (see Incident Reporting, below).
- When we assign language-conversion tasks to you, you have the obligation to follow special data protection instructions we may submit with the assignment, which may include the explicit instruction to delete the data after assignment completion.
Data Security Best-Practices
When we assign language-conversion tasks to you, we require that you maintain the confidentiality of the data, and that you follow basic data security best-practices to safeguard the data from unauthorized access and accidental destruction or loss. Basic data security best-practices include the following:
Access control – make sure unauthorized third parties, including members of your household, do not have access to our data.
Password protection – make sure the electronic devices where our data is processed and stored are password-protected.
Anti-virus/anti-malware protection – make sure the electronic devices where our data is processed and stored have anti-virus and anti-malware protection.
Clear desk/clear screen policy – make sure you do not leave our data out in the open for others to see. We recommend a screen/application timeout, so that the data is obscured, should you step away from your desk unexpectedly without fully shutting down your device.
Information transfer – make sure you observe the data transfer directives we may give you as part of the assignment (for example, do not use regular email).
Data retention/deletion – make sure you observe the data retention/deletion directives we may give you as part of the assignment (for example, delete data after task completion).
Incident reporting – make sure you let us know immediately of an incident that could compromise the confidentiality and integrity of our data. Note that breach notification is required by law within 72 hours after becoming aware of a breach. To contact us, please email your LSI Project Manager or call us at 1 (617) 528-7410. You may also send an email to email@example.com.
View and Update Your Data
We hold your data in our secure and access-restricted Linguist Database. You can access your data via our Linguist Portal. Note that the system will issue you unique log-on credentials. To protect your data, do not share your log-on credentials with anyone else.
You can view and update your data at this link: https://sts.linguist.com/LinguistPortal
If you are a first-time user of the portal, please click on Sign Up.
You can also contact us by sending an email to Vendor@Linguist.com or by calling us at 1 (617) 528-7410.