Select Translation Service (STS)
At the heart of Linguistic Systems’ industry-leading service is our Select Translation Service (STS) technology platform. STS is a proprietary software solution that is our core platform and the starting point for all projects involving machine translation.
Data-Secure & Data Driven
Before we transfer a word, we secure your data. Our information security process is ISO 27001 certified, so you can be assured that your confidential data is safe with us.
Then your project is run against any of your relevant existing translation assets to identify previously translated work. This eliminates duplication and reduces costs.
Ease of Access
STS is also a self-serve tool if you prefer to optimize the translation ordering process in order to save time and fit the cost to your particular needs. There are 3 ways for you to access STS:
- LSI Translation Plug-in (LTP) for Relativity is a software plugin we created to provide users of kCura’s Relativity with seamless access to Linguistic Systems for ordering translations. This includes viewing results alongside the original text without the need to export or import documents to Relativity. You can see more info on the LSI Translation Plug-in for Relativity, here.
- WebGate provides online access to all 6 levels using any popular Internet browser.
- Linguistic Systems also offers a rich API that developers can use to integrate their application with STS.
[6 Optimization Levels]
Machine Translation (MT)
Translation performed by computer software
MT output is improved by client-provided bilingual and multilingual glossaries and suppression lists
MT + Light Post Edit (LPE)
Limited editing of machine translated documents giving priority to accuracy of meaning and correct terminology
MT + Full Post Edit (FPE)
Deep human edit of machine translated documents. Includes syntax and other composition qualities
Human Translation (HT)
Human translation (no MT) of original docs. Careful attention to fluency, idiomatic expression, writing style
HT with Edit (HTE)
Fully edited human translation to verify accuracy of all aspects and ensure appropriate style for intended audience
And more …
Linguistic Systems has curated an impressive network of more than 7,500 translators throughout the world. Check out their credentials …
- 100% are native speakers of the target language
- 100% are intimately familiar with local dialects
- 100% have been tested for accuracy, writing fluency, composition, and knowledge of terminology
- 70% (5,000+) have advanced degrees (Masters or PHDs)
- 15% (1,000+) have director-level degrees
Industry expertise is critical for your projects. Our translators have years of professional experience working in technical fields. We assign your project to a translator who is knowledgeable in the relevant terminology, acronyms, and technical and legal issues.
When you work with Linguistic Systems for your translation projects, you’ll be tapping into this exceptional talent pool. Before you risk your client’s reputation and your own, contact us.