Translations | Brand Name Analysis | Website Localization | Multimedia Translation | Transciption
We Speak: [International Romance]
We’re in love with language. From all corners of the world. And all cultures. Translations are our passion. We do them well.
Linguistic Systems is a unique translation services company. We provide the highest quality translations of your electronic and printed content — quickly, reliably, and affordably. We offer 50 years of experience in translation methodology, technology, and best practices across dozens of industries.
There’s very little we haven’t seen or solved. So no matter how big, or rushed, or subject-specific your project may be, we’re uniquely qualified to help you.
7,500 Reasons to Love Us
Our success owes to many factors. First among them may be our curated, carefully-tested network of 7,500 translation professionals.
They’re skilled masters of the languages and dialects you seek. They know the vocabulary of your target industries because they’ve worked in them. This enables your international customers to embrace your content too.
Our qualified translators are adept at uncovering and conveying the true meaning of your original content. Although there may be alternative interpretations, we narrow your results to the most definitive original intent. This includes in-depth, subject-specific understanding across multiple industries.
Here’s a sampling of industries where we’ve done significant work for leading organizations:
- Legal — eDiscovery, mergers & acquisitions, corporate law, litigation, patents
- Life sciences — biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, clinical research
- Medical — healthcare, medical equipment and devices, medical insurance
- Business — finance, banking, insurance
- Marketing — advertising, branding, content marketing, digital marketing
- Publishing — books, magazines, IT research, academic & scientific journals
And many more, including …
Other Translation Services
Brand & Product Name Analysis
When you want to market your brand or product directly in a foreign country or through the Internet, there are special risks. You want to avoid conveying a potentially negative image in your key international markets.
Even ordinary English words can have unexpected repercussions. The best time to research a brand or product name for foreign connotations is in the ideation stage before a significant financial (and emotional) commitment has been made to the name. It is very expensive to change the name once a product has been launched.
A short investigation can quickly reveal potential problems or give you the green light to move ahead with confidence. Some factors we evaluate include:
- Possible offensiveness
- Similarity to other words in the language
- Ease of pronunciation
- Evocation or association with particular images
- Appropriateness of idiomatic fit to the product or company
We analyze names for all of the most important commercial languages as well as dialects of these languages (e.g., Canadian French, Mexican Spanish). You select the languages and target countries for which you want the brand or product name analyzed. Analyzing more than one name at the same time can ensure that at least one choice will be satisfactory.
Linguistic Systems has been researching the suitability of proposed brand and product names for more than 20 years. The results are sometimes startling. But we can help you find a safe option for every country of importance to your growth.
Website localization is more than translation. It includes adaptation of language, imagery, measurements, currencies, and more to local cultural norms. Linguistic Systems offers website localization services that help you deliver your core message and brand identity with consistency while respecting local culture.
There is considerable leverage and profitability in reaching international target audiences in their native language and culture. You significantly expand your reach for only a nominal increase in cost. Linguistic Systems can assist you in that effort.
Multimedia & Audio-Visual Translation
Linguistic Systems can help you convert and translate your films, videos, presentations, and multimedia content. We work to ensure that the foreign language versions are equal to the original source recording in all respects.
As a first step, we help you determine the best way to adapt your materials for your target market. This includes your review, feedback, and approval at many points in the production process. You may also be asked to join us during recording sessions to ensure that timing, voice quality, volume, emphasis, and the mixing of music and sound effects are what you prefer.
- Promotional, training, and instructional videos
- Multimedia programs on CD-ROM
- Multilingual audio tours for museums and other tourist attractions
- Animated slides and presentations
- Video translation and narration
- Transcription and translation of audio recordings for litigation and eDiscovery
Our professional staff has experience using several techniques to adapt audio tracks and videos to other languages. These include:
- Lip-synching — where foreign language actors’ voices are carefully dubbed in place of an on-camera actor;
- Voice-over production, a UN-style technique that replaces the existing narrator’s voice with a narrator speaking another language, yet allowing the original audio to be heard at a suppressed level in the background;
- On-screen text replacement and subtitling: an on-screen written translation of the original audio, which remains unaltered.
Linguistic Systems has an inventory of almost 200 professional male and female voices to choose from in more than 20 of the most common languages. Professional narrator voice samples are available upon request to help you select the most appropriate voices.
Linguistic Systems’ offers accurate, high quality transcriptions for all of your multimedia content. Our transcribers excel in both their language proficiency and word-processing skills. In addition, they have subject-matter experience and familiarity relevant to your project.
Whether you require the transcription of an evidentiary tape or CD, a presentation, a videocassette or an interview, Linguistic Systems provides the correct solution. We also assist on special projects such as the initial review of foreign language discovery documents.
- Legal — Court proceedings, phone and wire taps. Transcripts are legally certified and notarized for court presentation.
- Medical — Medical symposiums, medical information.
- Technical — Client presentations, roundtables, focus groups, seminars and meetings.
- Advertising — Press conferences, scripts and interviews.
All of Linguistic Systems’ transcribers and translators are bound by nondisclosure agreements. We take confidentiality and security issues very seriously so all your projects remain confidential.
Graphic Design & Translation Services
Linguistic Systems offers a professional, in-house, multilingual graphic design team. With extensive technological, design, and typographical skills in many languages, they can design, translate, and help perfect your international multimedia content. This includes cultural adaptation into any of 120 or more languages.
- Different fonts and special characters
- Different composition conventions
- Text that is longer in the foreign language than in English
- Different hyphenation rules for different languages
- Culturally appropriate styles
Our graphic design services department uses:
- State-of-the-art Windows and Macintosh systems to produce graphics and text in more than 100 languages including Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, and other non-Latin character languages
- A selection of more than 1500 fonts
- A T1 connection and FTP site for transmitting and receiving large files quickly to/from remote client locations
- Quality assurance system that is certified to ISO 9001 and 17100
We excel in fitting translated content to the original layout, or a close derivative of it, while retaining the integrity of your branding. Your local in-country representatives can approve page proofs before final delivery of files, and your printer can work with “print-ready” content as easily as the English original.
Foreign Language Business Cards
Foreign language business cards are small, but extremely valuable. When produced with careful attention to accuracy and aesthetics, your team’s international business cards can instantly bridge cultural gaps while establishing a foundation for future communication.
Firms such as AT&T, Deloitte & Touche, Eastman Kodak, General Electric, General Motors, Exxon Mobil, Raytheon, Sony Electronics, and Xerox are just a few of the hundreds of industrial corporations and academic institutions that have trusted us to create their international business cards.
We can create your cards in: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, and many other languages. Our professional translators combine native fluency in your target languages with appropriate expertise in industry-specific subject areas.
- Accurately worded translations
- Culturally adapted title, organizational identity, and card layout
- Print-ready files which your printer can input as an image
- Timely delivery — same day service when necessary
Normal turnaround time for translation and print-ready preparation of business cards is two to three business days. One-day rush service is available on special orders.
Resume & CV Translation
If you are applying for a position in a foreign country, make your best impression with a translated version of your resume or CV. It should be written in a fluent, natural style by an expert who is knowledgeable in your field.
Linguistic Systems has been doing high quality resume translations for decades. We know how to create the same appeal in the target language as you have in your original version — both in style and format. Clients have included many from within the Fortune 100.